WhizCut Carbide Grades
WhizCut Carbide Inserts
WhizCut inserts and tooling are specially developed to suit
the cutting conditions in CNC Swiss automatics.
The WhizCut precision carbide inserts are made of
results in maximum strength when looking at hardness and wear
resistance. All cutting edges are fully ground and exceptionally
sharp. This, together with the latest types of coating and
suitable cutting geometries, gives WhizCut inserts an excellent
tool life. For best performance and tool life it is recommended to follow the recommended cutting data for swiss.
WhizCut Inserts are available in both PVD-coated and uncoated fine grain carbide with hardness over 1750 Hv. The WhizCut carbide is an extremely hard grade with a high tensile strength. The carbide is therefore very wear resistant and drastically extends tool life compared with conventional carbide.
are classified as follows:
Stock Standard Carbide Grades for external inserts including external threading
- 8M is an uncoated grade covering ISO groups K10-K20 and
- C8 is a coated grade covering ISO groups K05-K20, M05-M20
- F8 is a TiAIN multi-coated grade where extreme heat is
developed when machining.
- B8 is a AlCrN coating for materials such as titanium etc. where an extra edge sharpness is needed.
- NF8 is a TiAlN multi-coated grade with a slightly honed cutting edge, suitable for tough materials.
- ND8 is a AlCrN coated grade with an slightly honed cutting edge. Very suitable for all steels, and tough exotics and larger parts.
Stock Standard Carbide Grades for Drills
- 9M drills are uncoated micrograin grade drills at ISO
K20-K30 a strength of >4000 MPA
- F9 drills are TiAlN multi-coated grade drills suitable
when extreme heat (900C°) is developed during machining.
- B9 drills are AlCrN coated suitable when extreme heat
(1100°C) is developed during machining. This is extra suitable
Stock Standard Carbide Grades for internal boring bars
- 10M is an uncoated micrograin grade at ISO K20-K30 for non
- C10 is an TIN, PVD coated micrograin grade covering ISO groups
P10-P30 and K10-K30 for longer tool life and higher cutting speeds in Steel,
- F10 is a TiAlN multi-coated grade suitable when extreme heat (900°C) is
developed during machining.
- B10 is a AlCrN coating suitable when extreme heat (1100°C) is developed