WhizCut Carbide Grades
WhizCut Carbide Inserts
WhizCut inserts and tooling are specially developed to suit
the cutting conditions in CNC Swiss automatics.
The WhizCut precision carbide inserts are made of
results in maximum strength when looking at hardness and wear
resistance. All cutting edges are fully ground and exceptionally
sharp. This, together with the latest types of coating and
suitable cutting geometries, gives WhizCut inserts an excellent
tool life. For best performance and tool life it is recommended to follow the recommended cutting data for swiss.
The WhizCut carbide inserts are available in both PVD coated and
uncoated Micrograin carbide with hardness over 1700 Hv. The grades
are classified as follows:
Stock Standard Carbide Grades for external inserts including external threading
- 8M is an uncoated grade covering ISO groups K10-K20 and
- C8 is a coated grade covering ISO groups K05-K20, M05-M20
- F8 is a TiAIN multi-coated grade where extreme heat is
developed when machining.
- B8 is Is a AlCrN coating for materials such as titanium & 316 / 316L where extreme heat is developed during machining.
Stock Standard Carbide Grades for Drills
- 9M drills are uncoated micrograin grade drills at ISO
K20-K30 a strength of >4000 MPA
- F9 drills are TiAlN multi-coated grade drills suitable
when extreme heat (900C°) is developed during machining.
- B9 drills are AlCrN coated suitable when extreme heat
(1100°C) is developed during machining. This is extra suitable
Stock Standard Carbide Grades for internal boring bars
- 10M is an uncoated micrograin grade at ISO K20-K30 for non
- C10 is an TIN, PVD coated micrograin grade covering ISO groups
P20-P30 and K10-K30 for longer tool life and higher cutting speeds in Steel,
- F10 is a TiAlN multi-coated grade suitable when extreme heat (900°C) is
developed during machining.
- B10 is a AlCrN coating suitable when extreme heat (1100°C) is developed
WhizCut replaces carbide grades resulting in a 30% increased tool-life
We are constantly looking for new types of grades for our carbide insert tooling. Many of our customers work together with us on this very important aspect. The result from our last
tests were a great success. We found one type of carbide being
outstanding in improving the tool-life and performance of our inserts without any
negative results compared with our present grades 8M, C8 and F8.
The new carbide in the 8M, C8 and F8 grades is harder
but still has the same strength as the old ones. It is therefore
considerably more wear-resistant and has given an average of 30% better
insert tool-life. We have therefore decided to replace our previous grade. We
are facing out our stock of our old grade and are mostly delivering
inserts with the new grade.
It is our firm belief that all our customers will see
the results of increased tool-life and productivity.
Manufactured Parts Per Insert